Vintage Rolex Oyster Chronograph Reference 4500 3 Products Found
View our current collection of Rolex 4500 Classic watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Save Up To 50% on Certified Pre-Owned Rolex Watches
Cash wire prices shown.*
For vintage watch collectors, the Rolex model 4500 is a fine timepiece that helps to complete any collection. The Rolex 4500 is a stainless steel antimagnetic chronograph wristwatch. This rare model has a number of desired features which include:
- Perpetual Movement - Reference 4500 features a Cal. 13 VZ 23 nickel finish lever, 17 jewel movement.
- Stainless Steel Case - Ref 4500 features a tonneau shaped water resistant case with a screw back and screw down crown. The 34mm circular case is finished in stainless steel and displays two round chronograph buttons. Case, dial, buckle and movement are signed. The watch movement and case are antimagnetic. Case features two round chronograph buttons.
- Silvered Dial - The silvered matte dial displays applied steel Arabic numerals and raised dagger hands with luminous accents. The dial also features outer black five minute divisions as well as blue and black telemeter and tachymeter scales. Two attractive engine-turned subsidiary dials for constant seconds and 30 minutes registers are also present.
- Bracelet Options - Ref 4500 featured a leather strap bracelet and Rolex steel buckle.
- The watch movement, stainless steel buckle, dial, and case are signed.
- Manufacturing began in the mid-1940s.
- Ref 4500 is widely believed to be the first Oyster Chronograph made by Rolex.
- A Ref 4500 model recently sold for $41,928 USD at a Christie's auction in Geneva.