Rolex Submariner Reference 6204 Features
The Rolex 6204 model is a classic dive watch that has been appreciated by a number of collectors. This vintage Rolex Submariner wristwatch features sweep centre seconds with a mechanical movement. Learn more by viewing our fact sheet below.
- Movement - Ref 6204 utilizes the caliber A260 19 jewels nickel lever mechanical movement.
- Black Dial - This wristwatch offers a black matte dial with luminous dagger numeral and dot indexes. Gilt pencil hands with luminous inserts and a sweep centre seconds hand with a luminous dot at the end adorn the dial. Along the outer edge of the dial is an outer minute and second track in gilt. Some variations of the dial feature Submariner painted over in black.
- Waterproof Oyster Case - Ref 6204 features a 37mm to 40mm tonneau shaped waterproof Oyster case with a screw back and a 6mm screw down crown. The crown is not protected by a crown guard. The waterproof case was designed to withstand water depths of up to 180 meters (600 feet). The stainless steel case is polished and brushed. The case, dial and movement are signed.
- Revolving Bezel - A unidirectional rotating black bezel, calibrated to 60 units, tops the watch.
- Matching Bracelet - Ref 6204 was finished with a matching 20mm stainless steel riveted Oyster bracelet with Rolex deployant clasp.
- Produced in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Ref 6204 was the first Rolex "Submariner" watch, and was released at the Basel Fair in 1954.