Here are a few of the “hot” Rolex models that you may want to put on your must-have list:
- Batman GMT. Simply one of the most impressive Rolex models ever made, this watch with its beautiful blue/black bezel, 24-hour timekeeping as well as traditional 12-hour dial, beautiful sapphire crystal and double crystal over the date function has been turning heads since its introduction. These are not easy to find, but once you do, snap it up quickly!
- Ceramic GMT’s and Submariner Watches. The ceramic bezel made by Rolex through its patented Cerachrom process has been the subject of much discussion. In the past, Rolex used an aluminum bezel that was relatively easy to color. Now, the new process of coloring ceramic is more labor-intensive, resulting in a higher cost for a colored ceramic bezel. However, the durability and sheer beauty of the ceramic bezels on GMT’s and Submariners makes it likely that this is an innovation that is here to stay.
- Submariner Two Tone Watches. The creative and lovely juxtaposition of stainless steel and gold in the band of many Submariners make these hot choices for the coming season. These beautiful bands work equally well for dress or casual wear, making it possible to wear a Submariner every day of the week. Buyers have been snapping up the two-tone watch bands in huge numbers and they are showing up more and more often everywhere from board rooms to dance floors.
- Yachtmaster Stainless and Platinum. It is hard to surpass the luxury of platinum. There is just something about this metal that whispers success. Understated and beautiful, platinum is far more valuable than gold or silver, and combining it with stainless steel not only looks great but may appeal to a wide audience of new Rolex owners. If you have gone from rags to riches, the two metals may symbolize your rise to stardom and speak to you in a way few other luxury watches can. Additionally, the integration of steel and platinum makes the Yachtmaster appropriate for every wearing situation from casual to formal.
- Male or Female Datejust Watches. Not only is the Datejust simply a perfect timepiece from almost every standpoint but it works equally well for both men and women. When you want sturdy quality with no nonsense, the Datejust is a great choice. This means that it has surged in popularity with both men and women in the past few years in everything from its basic incarnation to the President model. The Datejust is also one of those watches that can work for you in any situation and serves as a wonderful every-day-of-the-year watch. It looks massive and impressive on the wrist and provides beautiful movement and service. Celebrities in particular have been popularizing the Datejust lately.
Remember, there is no such thing as a “bad” Rolex. However, there are watches that are not as popular as others at certain times. These may be ideal for your “entry” Rolex because you can often find them at much lower prices than the “hot” items.
- Tudor Watches. Tudor was the subdivision of Rolex that was tasked with making more affordable watches with the same precision and quality as evidenced by Rolex. Tudor became the entry-level Rolex model for many. Now, however, Tudor watches are suffering a slight slump in popularity. Part of this is due to the fact that Tudor was not selling in the American market for the past few years. However, a new company decision to move the Tudor back into the United States was probably a wise one. Another problem for the Tudor is that, with careful searching, many buyers can find a good pre-owned Rolex for about the same price as a Tudor. This is the equivalent of buying a used Mercedes versus a new Chevrolet. While there is nothing wrong with the Tudor, many people are buying Rolex for the wow factor and prefer to spend their money on a “genuine” Rolex model. Just remember that if you choose a Tudor, you are still getting the same great movement and attention to quality craftsmanship as the Rolex, just at a discounted price!