Just announced at SIHH 2019, there will be not one, but two new Vacheron Constantin Overseas Perpetual Calendars in 18k pink gold cases added to the lineup for 2019. Both watches are based around Vacheron Constantin’s Caliber 1120 QP/1 ultra-thin perpetual calendar movement, and like other watches from the Overseas collection, these two new additions are fitted with the collection’s signature, six-sided bezel that resembles Vacheron Constantin’s Maltese Cross emblem.
Overseas Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin
The Caliber 1120 QP/1 is an ultra-thin, mechanical self-winding movement that features a perpetual calendar and moonphase complication. Comprised of 276 components that are housed within a space which is barely 4.05 mm thick, the Caliber 1120 QP/1 beats at a frequency of 2.75 Hz with a 40-hour power reserve, and accounts for various calendar irregularities, requiring no related adjustments until the year 2100.
The slightly more relaxed version of the new Vacheron Constantin Overseas Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin will be fitted with a blue lacquered dial (reference 4300V/000R-B509), and paired with a set of blue straps (both alligator leather and rubber will be included with the watch). A more traditional and elegant version with a silver dial (reference 4300V/120R-B064) receives a matching 18k pink gold bracelet (the pair of blue straps will also be included). Despite having a very integrated appearance with the case of the watch, the bracelet and included straps can quickly be swapped in and out, due to a tool-free, strap-changing system that allows users to take full advantage of the different options included with these watches.
- Caliber 1120 QP/1
- Mechanical, self-winding
- 22K gold Overseas oscillating weight 29.6 mm (12½’’’) diameter, 4.05 mm thick
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve
- 2.75 Hz (19,800 vibrations/hour)
- 276 components
- 36 jewels
- Hallmark of Geneva certified timepiece
- Hours and minutes
- Perpetual calendar (date, day of the week, month, leap year)
- Moon phases
- 18K 5N pink gold
- 41.5 mm diameter, 8.1 mm thick
- Soft iron casing ring ensuring anti-magnetic protection
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 5 bar (approx. 50 metres)