In today’s world, there are numerous pre-owned Rolex watches from which to choose. To help you make the best decision when seeking the watch of your dreams, the following tips will help:
Choosing Models can be difficult depending on your lifestyle.
Choosing Models and Watches
- Original parts are best. There are many factors that influence the overall value of a Rolex. First and foremost, it is important to know whether or not various parts (such as crystal, dial, hands, and bracelet) are original. While it may seem as though replacing an aging crystal or dial would bring up the value, it actually can cause the opposite. Whether it is modern or a classic vintage Rolex watch, original parts are best.
- The heavier the better. Genuine Rolex watches come with high-quality bracelets and cases. If a watch appears lightweight, it just may be fake with a metal bracelet and/or case. Rolex makes use of high-quality precious metals that tend to be quite heavy.
- Crystal not plastic. One of the features that distinguish Rolex watches from other brands is the crystal. Rolex utilizes crystal that is extremely smooth to the touch. It is important to inquire on whether the crystal has been replaced. Older Rolex timepieces often have slightly yellowed crystals referred to as a patina. This is a good thing and makes a watch more valuable.
- Rolex uses large date format rather than small. Genuine Rolex watches (including the Date-Just, Submariner, and GMT) significantly magnify the date. Knockoffs, on the other hand, tend to have less magnified numbers and are commonly crooked. Each and every detail on a pre-owned Rolex should be authentic and perfect (other than normal wear and tear).
- Watch movement should be flawless. A Rolex’s movement is extremely important to take into consideration. If for any reason the watch reveals a ticking motion or moves in a strange manner, you should consider another watch.
Vintage Rolex Daytona Cosmographs are a watch perfect for those on the track.
As you make an investment in a pre-owned Rolex, it is important that you carefully weigh your options. Never rush into making a purchase, rather make a wise choice that may result in increased value over time.