A recap of last night’s GPHG’s awards.
As expected, it was a night of glitz, glamor and incredible watchmaking at this year’s edition of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG). Showing only the best luxury watches. Taking place in the Swiss city of Geneva – arguably the world’s capital of luxury watchmaking – the top brass of the industry were on hand to see which watch manufacturers would take home the honors, and more importantly, the bragging rights. An audience of over 1,500 people were present at the ceremony and many more tuned in to the live broadcast.
The top prize of the night, “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix, was awarded to Greubel Forsey for the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision, and a special jury prize was given to Micke Pintus, Yannick Pintus and Jean-Luc Perrin, the three Vacheron Constantin watchmakers that developed the most complicated watch in the world, the Reference 57260.
Comprised of 26 authoritative watch experts and collectors, the GPHG jury decided upon 17 of the 18 awards, while a special “Public” prize was voted on by the general public via the Internet and special exhibitions. The winner of that “Public” prize was Antoine Preziuso for the Tourbillon of Tourbillons, which had already picked up the “Innovation Watch” award earlier that evening.
Originally founded in 2001, this year’s GPGH marked the 15th edition of the awards, and it is considered the most important honors in the watch industry.
And without further ado, this year’s winners of the GPGH 2015 are…
1. “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Greubel Forsey, Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision
2. Ladies’ Watch Prize: Hublot, Big Bang Broderie
3. Ladies’ High-Mech Watch Prize: Fabergé, Lady Compliquée Peacock
4. Men’s Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Voutilainen GMR
5. Chronograph Watch Prize: Piaget, Altiplano Chrono
6. Tourbillon Watch Prize: Ulysse Nardin, Ulysse Anchor Tourbillon
7. Calendar Watch Prize: Hermès, Slim d’Hermès QP
8. Striking Watch Prize: Girard-Perregaux, Minute Repeater Tourbillon with Gold Bridges
9. Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Jaquet Droz, The Charming Bird
10. “Petit Aiguille” Prize: Habring2 Felix
11. Sports Watch Prize: Tudor, Pelagos
12. Jewellery Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Diamond Punk
13. Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Blancpain, Villeret, cadran Shakudō
14. Innovation Watch Prize: Antoine Preziuso, Tourbillon of Tourbillons
15. Revival Watch Prize: Piaget, Extremely Piaget Double Sided Cuff Watch
16. “Horological Revelation” Prize: Laurent Ferrier, Galet Square
17. Special Jury Prize: Micke Pintus, Yannick Pintus, Jean-Luc Perrin.
18. Public Prize: Antoine Preziuso, Tourbillon of Tourbillons