Front End Developer
Are you an experienced front end developer who is more than comfortable in creating, modifying, and deploying HTML5, CSS3, JS, and jQuery on PHP websites? If this sums you up, and you are also looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding position to further hone your craft and creativity in Orange County, California, then you'll want to keep reading...
Bob's Watches, located in Orange County, CA (Huntington Beach), is the leading ecommerce online retailer of modern & vintage Rolex watches. The company was recently ranked #129 in INC 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in America. It has also been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Forbes, the NY Times, Esquire and more - see our press page for more details. We are currently seeking a front-end developer to join our team and help develop, deploy and QA our websites code (particularly front-end, though back-end experience would be great!). We offer a competitive compensation package with an excellent work environment, free lunches, company outings, and opportunity to grow through yearly performance based reviews.
The front-end developer is responsible for creating, modifying and deploying the HTML, CSS, JS, and jQuery required to implement the design mock up's provided by our in-house UX/UI Designer. This person will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with cross-functional teams (photography, design, development, SEO, social media, PPC, etc...) to accomplish their tasks, so its important this person works well with others. This is a high volume and quick turnaround environment, so someone who is capable of thriving in these circumstances is essential for joining our team.
- Create, modify, and deploy responsively designed code for HTML, CSS, JS, and jQuery on our PHP based custom shopping cart.
- QA deployed code to help improve the user experience of our website and prevent quality assurance issues.
- Be comfortable with making modifications to our WordPress blog.
- Be involved in the wire framing process to help ensure a speedy and problem-free development cycle.
- Help implement a scalable and iterative development process to ensure we maintain the integrity of our websites code. We need to know what code was implemented, why it was implemented, that no prior changes are overwritten, and that we have the capability to roll back a change easily, should it be required.
- Work closely with our off-site back end development team to achieve any development tasks assigned to you.
- Advanced expertise in HTML, CSS, JS and jQuery (min. 4 years experience).
- Experience with PHP is preferred.
- Experience with WordPress is preferred.
- Experience with BigCommerce and Magento is a plus.
In-house positions will be given preference, but we are receptive to remote work if out of the county! Applicants that provide examples of previous work will be prioritized over those that do not!
Alternative position titles: front-end developer, front end engineer, senior front end developer, front end web developer, web developer, full stack developer
Job posted 06/11/2018