Job Type: Full-time
Are you an experienced front-end developer who is just as capable of creating beautiful designs and UX/UI concepts as you are at implementing clean and scalable HTML5, CSS3, JS, and jQuery on PHP websites? If this sums you up, and you are also looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to personally develop a luxury e-commerce website, then keep reading.
What's in it for You?
- Total compensation package: $95,000 - $105,000 + performance based bonuses
- Work in tandem with UX/UI designer to create immersive and addictive experiences for Bob's Watches customers
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- $100 monthly medical stipend
- Free catered lunches 3x per week
The front-end developer is responsible for creating, modifying and deploying the HTML, CSS, JS, and jQuery required to implement the design mock ups provided by our in-house UX/UI Designer. This person will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with cross-functional teams (photography, design, development, SEO, social media, PPC, etc...) to accomplish their tasks, so its important this person works well with others. This is a high volume and quick turnaround environment, so someone who is capable of thriving in these circumstances is essential for joining our team.
Necessary Skills for Success
- Create, modify, and deploy responsively designed code for HTML, CSS, JS, and jQuery on our PHP based custom shopping cart.
- QA deployed code to help improve the user experience of our website and prevent quality assurance issues.
- Be comfortable with making modifications to our WordPress blog.
- Be involved in the web design and wire-framing process to help ensure a speedy and problem-free development cycle.
- Help implement a scalable and iterative development process to ensure we maintain the integrity of our websites code. We need to know what code was implemented, why it was implemented, that no prior changes are overwritten, and that we have the capability to roll back a change easily, should it be required.
- Work closely with our off-site back end development team to achieve any development tasks assigned to you.
- Efficiently manage all web development projects within JIRA and proactively report on projects to management and other involved parties.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION?
- 5 years of expertise in HTML, CSS, JS and jQuery
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with E-Commerce Platforms is required
- Experience with UX and UI design
- Experience with graphic design is a plus
- Experience with technical project management
- Living in the US
Applicants who fail to provide examples of previous e-commerce work with either Magento, Shopify, Demandware, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, or proprietary platforms will not be considered.
ABOUT BOB'S WATCHES
Bob's Watches, founded in 1999, is the leading online retailer of Rolex watches and has grown substantially, with sales expected to reach $50 million this year. We are looking to expand our marketing team by bringing website development in-house. Our new 10,000 sq. ft. location is in beautiful Newport Beach, Orange County, CA (just minutes from John Wayne airport and the 405). We have been the leading e-commerce online retailer of modern & vintage Rolex watches since 2010, serving customers in over 174 countries.
The company was recently ranked #129 in INC 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in America. It has also been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Forbes, the NY Times, Esquire and more - see our press page for more details. Although we sell luxury products to the rich and famous, we are a bunch of creative and passionate marketing individuals that love to have fun, push ourselves to the next level, and build an inclusive culture that feels more like family than obligation.
- How many years of Front End Development experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and your answers to the questions above.
Job posted 01/24/2019
Alternative position titles: front-end developer, front end engineer, senior front end developer, front end web developer, web developer, full stack developer