Rolex Two Phase Oyster Perpetual "Explorer" with Reference 1016 29 Products Found
View our current collection of Rolex 1016 Vintage watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Save Up To 50% on Certified Pre-Owned Rolex Watches
Cash wire prices shown.*
The vintage Rolex Explorer has continued to be a popular choice by a number of collectors. To learn more about the Rolex Reference 1016, read our quick fact sheet below.
- Movement - The first phase of production for reference 1016 featured the automatic Calibre 1050 movement. The second phase of production used the calibre 1570, 26 jewels, self-winding movement. Both movements are officially certified chronometers.
- Water Proof Case - Measuring between 35 and 36mm, ref 1016 features a three-part case, including a screw down Twinlock crown and screw down back. It is polished and satined, and topped with a plastic crystal. Available in Rolex's popular stainless steel. Both the case and movement are signed.
- Dial and Bezel - Ref 1016 features a matte black dial, complete with Mercedes style hands and sweep center seconds. The 12 o'clock marker is triangular in shape, while the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock markers are Arabic numerals. All markers are luminous. The dial is signed Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified. The dial is topped with a stainless steel, smooth, fixed bezel.
- Bracelet Options - Ref 1016 is completed with an Oyster bracelet and deployant clasp. Some ref 1016s have been seen with a leather strap complete with Rolex stainless steel tang buckle.
- Ref 1016 was produced in two phases:
- First Phase Production - 1960 to 1971
- Second Phase Production - 1972 to 1988
A Closer Look At The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Vintage Explorer 1016