Rolex 1016 Explorer Reference
Sorry, this item is no longer in stock!
Rolex Explorer 1016 Additional Pages
Rolex Explorer Reference 1016 Features
The vintage Rolex Explorer has continued to be a popular choice by a number of collectors. To learn more about the Rolex Reference 1016, read our quick fact sheet below.
- Movement - The first phase of production for reference 1016 featured the automatic Calibre 1050 movement. The second phase of production used the calibre 1570, 26 jewels, self-winding movement. Both movements are officially certified chronometers.
- Water Proof Case - Measuring between 35 and 36mm, ref 1016 features a three-part case, including a screw down Twinlock crown and screw down back. It is polished and satined, and topped with a plastic crystal. Available in Rolex's popular stainless steel. Both the case and movement are signed.
- Dial and Bezel - Ref 1016 features a matte black dial, complete with Mercedes style hands and sweep center seconds. The 12 o'clock marker is triangular in shape, while the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock markers are Arabic numerals. All markers are luminous. The dial is signed Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified. The dial is topped with a stainless steel, smooth, fixed bezel.
- Bracelet Options - Ref 1016 is completed with an Oyster bracelet and deployant clasp. Some ref 1016s have been seen with a leather strap complete with Rolex stainless steel tang buckle.
- Ref 1016 was produced in two phases:
- First Phase Production - 1960 to 1971
- Second Phase Production - 1972 to 1988
A Closer Look At The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Vintage Explorer 1016