Vintage Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Reference 6239 0 Products Found
View our current collection of Rolex 6239 Vintage watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Save Up To 50% on Certified Pre-Owned Rolex Watches
Cash wire prices shown.*
A fine and historic Rolex "Daytona" Oyster Cosmograph ref. 6239, the first of its kind. This classic watch is one of the early models and has a number of desirable features. Some of the Rolex 6239 features include the following:
- Manual Winding Movement - Reference 6239 features a caliber Valjoux 72 movement.
- New Color Scheme - Ref 6239 dial utilizes an inverse color scheme for both the main and subsidiary dials. This inverse color scheme uses white and black for either or both the dial and subsidiary dials.
- Paul Newman Dial - Some ref 6239s feature a rare "Paul Newman" dial, which features slight aesthetic differences, such as an art deco style font for the numerals as well a fifths of a second division in red around the outside of the dial. Initially called "exotic," the dial was later it renamed as the "Paul Newman" dial by collectors, as it was famously worn by the actor.
- Subsidiary Dials - Dial features three engine-turned subsidiary dials which display constant seconds, 30 minutes, and 12 hour registers.
- Steel Bezel - Ref 6239 displays a black stainless steel bezel calibrated for 200 units. Rolex removed the printed tachymetric scale from the dial and added an engraved tachymeter scale to ref 6239's bezel.
- Stainless Steel Case - Ref 6239 utilizes a stainless steel tonneau-shaped, water-resistant Oyster case with a screw back, screw down crown, and two round screw down chronograph buttons in the band. Rarer models are available in 18k gold.
- A New Name and Line - Ref 6239 is the first in a long line of "Daytona" models, named after Rolex's sponsorship of the 24 Hours of Daytona race in Daytona Beach, Florida. Rolex began placing the "Daytona" signature on the dial, under the 12 o'clock position, in 1964.
- Produced from 1961 to 1987.
A Closer Look at The Rolex 6239