Vintage Rolex Oyster Chronograph Reference 6240 0 Products Found
View our current collection of Rolex 6240 Vintage watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Cash wire prices shown.*
Rolex Reference 6240 Features
An early and rare signed Rolex Cosmograph waterproof wristwatch with reference 6240. This early representation of Rolex chronograph watches is a timeless piece that collectors have admired for decades.
- Manual Winding Movement - Ref 6240 is powered by the caliber 722, rhodium plated, 17 jewels movement. The movement also features a straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance, shock absorber, self-compensating free-sprung balance spring, and Microstella regulating screws.
- Water Proof Case - The 37mm to 40mm tonneau-shaped, water proof Oyster case is available in gold or stainless steel, and features a screw down back and screw down crown. The case, dial, movement are signed.
- Screw Down Pushers - Ref 6240 is the first Cosmograph to feature screw down pushers, made of nickel coated brass with thin lines.
- Unique Bezel - The black bezel of ref 6240 features a tachometer graduation to 200 units per hour. The bezel was initially made of black bakelite, but later models may have featured a metal bezel.
- Dial - The dial of ref 6240 is available in an inverse combination of white and black. Steel square indexes and luminous dots are applied to the dial, along with luminous steel "baton" hands.
- Subsidiary Dials - Three engine-turned subsidiary dials feature constant seconds, 30 minutes, and 12 hour registers.
- Each watch featured a matching gold or stainless steel riveted Oyster bracelet with a double-fold clasp.
- Produced from 1965 to 1969