Vintage Rolex 6538 0 Products Found
View our current collection of Rolex 6538 Vintage watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Save Up To 50% on Certified Pre-Owned Rolex Watches
Cash wire prices shown.*
Few watches carry the prestige of a Rolex. The Rolex 6538 Submariner is a vintage wristwatch that any collector can appreciate. This retro automatic timepiece offers sweep center seconds, with reference 6538. Learn more by viewing our reference sheet below.
- Movement - Ref 6538 features the caliber 1030 automatic, 25 jewels, lever movement. The movement is also signed stating that it is adjusted to five positions and temperatures.
- Case - The 38mm tonneau-shaped case is water resistant with a large 8mm "Brevette" screw down crown and screw back, but no crown guard. This Oyster case is able to resist water pressure up to 200 meters (660 feet). The case is available in stainless steel.
- Dial - Ref 6538 offers a glossy black dial with applied luminous triangular, dagger, and dot numerals, as well as gilt Mercedes-style hands with luminous inlays and a small sweep center seconds hand.
- Rotating Bezel - revolving black bezel calibrated for 60 units
- Bracelet - Ref 6536 was available with a Rolex Oyster link bracelet and deployant clasp or a "James Bond" style 20mm NATO style strap.
- Signatures - The case and movement are signed. However, some versions of ref 6538 feature not only the Rolex signature, but the retailer's signature. One rare example is the Tiffany & Co. signature found on some ref 6536 dials.
- Produced around 1955.
- Collectors often refer to ref 6538 as the "James Bond" watch because this particular Rolex Submariner reference made a cameo appearance on Bond's wrist in the film Dr. No.
- This particular reference is a Second Versions Submariner.