1680 Rolex Submariner Watches
Sell My Rolex
Cash wire prices shown.* Prices may be higher if other payment methods are selected.
* Prices may be higher if other payment methods are selected.
Rolex Submariner Reference 1680 Features
A Rolex "Red" Submariner reference 1680 with date feature.
- Movement - Ref 1680 features the calibre 1570, 26 jewels, automatic movement.
- Waterproof Case - The timepiece's 40mm stainless steel tonneau-shaped case offers a screw back and screw down crown. This watch can withstand water pressure up to waterproof to 200 meters (660 feet). The case, dial and movement are signed. The "Red" version of ref 1680 is available in stainless steel.
- Dial - Ref 1680 offers a matte black dial with luminous dots and baton and dagger numerals. Luminous Mercedes hands with a sweep centre seconds hand top the dial. The dial displays the watch's depth rating and signature.
- Date Feature - This timepiece has a date feature display at the 3 o'clock mark. A magnified window for the date feature tops the watch's crystal. Ref 1680 was the first Submariner model to feature the date aperture.
- "Red" Signature - This version of ref 1680 carries the nickname "Red," derived from the Submariner signature printed in red on the dial. The red printing was later switched to white in subsequent versions, making the "Red" Submariner a collector's piece.
- Revolving Bezel - Ref 1680 utilizes a revolving black bezel calibrated to 60 units. The units are printed in white.
- Bracelet - This watch offers a matching stainless steel Rolex Oyster bracelet.
- Produced in the 1970s.
Rolex 1680 in White Letters
A stainless steel Rolex "White" Submariner reference 1680 with date feature.
- Movement - Ref 1680 features the calibre 1570, 26 jewels movement.
- Dial - Offering a matte black dial with luminous dot, baton, and dagger numerals, this timepiece is completed with luminous Mercedes hands and sweep centre seconds. The "White Mark I" dial offers tritium indexes and hands with tritium.
- "White" Submariner - After some versions of Ref 1680 were produced with a red Submariner signature, Rolex changed later models to feature a white Submariner signature, leading to its nickname as the "White Submariner."
- Waterproof Case - Ref 1680 utilizes a 40mm three-part case in stainless steel, with a screw down case back and screw down crown. This case can withstand water pressure up to 200 meters (600 feet). The case, dial and movement are signed.
- Date Feature - The first Submariner to offer the date feature, Ref 1680 displays the day's date at the 3 o'clock mark. The watch also utilizes a magnified window for reading the date on top of the watch's crystal.
- Rotating Bezel - Ref 1680 has a bi-directional revolving black bezel that has been calibrated for 60 units.
- Bracelet - This watch is finished with a stainless steel Rolex Oyster bracelet.
- Produced in the 1960s and 1970s.
Gold Rolex 1680 with Date Window
A gold Rolex Submariner with reference 1680, featuring a date aperture.
- Waterproof Case - This particular watch features a polished and brushed gold Oyster case with a screwed down case back and a screw down crown. The diameter of the case is 40 mm with a thickness of 15 mm.
- Movement - Ref 1680 features the calibre 1570, nickel lever automatic movement with 26 jewels. The dial, case, and movement are signed.
- "Nipple" Dial - The gold version of ref 1680 offers a color change dial with applied gold luminous round, triangular, and baton indexes. A minute/second divisions circles the outer part of the dial. The dial is finished with matching luminous gold Mercedes hands and sweep center seconds hand.
- Date Feature - The dial also features an aperture for the date at the 3 o'clock mark as well as a magnified lens on the crystal above the date, making it more legible.
- Bezel - Ref 1680 features a graduated black revolving bezel, calibrated to 60 units. Some versions of the gold ref 1680 are available with a blue dial and blue bezel insert.
- Bracelet - This watch offers a matching gold bracelet with a gold plated Rolex buckle.
- Produced in the 1960s and 1970s.