Vintage Rolex Explorer II, Ref. 1655 20 Products Found
View our current collection of Rolex 1655 Vintage watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Save Up To 50% on Certified Pre-Owned Rolex Watches
Cash wire prices shown.*
The Rolex 1655 is an epic watch that began production in 1971. The Reference 1655 continues to live up to its reputation as a practical and collectable luxury watch. Learn more about the Rolex Explorer II, Ref. 1655 automatic dual-time watch with date display by reading Bob's fact sheet below.
- Movement - The Rolex Explorer Ref. 1655 utilizes either the caliber 1570 movement , 26 jewels, and glucydur balance with Microstella poising screws.
- Water Proof Case - The 38mm tonneau-shaped stainless steel case features a screw down case back and a Twinlock crown.
- Date Display - This particular reference features a date display on the dial, by the 3 o'clock marker.
- Dial - The dial is a matte black topped with luminous baton and dagger numerals, luminous hands, and sweep centre seconds.
- Hand Evolution - When ref 1655 was initially released, the second hand was straight and the extra hour hand was a bright orange. In 1974 a luminous circle was added to the hour hand. After 1975, the extra hour hand was painted a bright red.
- Unique Crystal and Bezel - The watch's crystal is topped with a magnified lens over the date, to aid in viewing. The watch is topped with a bezel calibrated for 24-hours.
- Bracelet - Ref 1655 is completed with a stainless steel Rolex Oyster riveted bracelet with deployant clasp.
- Produced from 1971 to 1985.
- Ref 1655 has several nicknames, including the "Steve McQueen Explorer II," the "Orange Hand Explorer" and the "Freccione Era Explorer."