Counterfeit vs Authentic: Can you tell the difference?
It’s no surprise there are all types of Rolex Replicas in existence. Sadly, the fakes are getting better and better. No longer are the days where you can spot a fake Rolex from 20 feet away. These days, some fakes are so good that they can fool even the most well-versed Rolex aficionado or expert! Bob’s Watches has over 30 years of authenticating pre-owned Rolex watches. We hear a number of concerns from friends and clients as to how to spot a counterfeit Rolex. So we thought we would share some essential tips and tricks for our readers. Here is a video so you too can weed out the replicas from the real deals.
1. The weight: real Rolex watches weigh more than fakes.
2. The swiping motion of the second hand: there should be no rigid movements.
3. The bubble on the crystal: the date on Rolex watches with be magnified inside the bubble of the crystal, it should almost fill up the entire bubble.
4. The crown on the crystal: on new Rolex watches, there is a crown inscribed on the 6 o’clock end of the crystal.
5. The model and serial number: on all Rolex watches, there is a model (on the 12 o’clock side where the band meets the lug) and serial number (on the 6 o’clock side where the band meets the lug). You also want to look for the engraving “Original Rolex Design” above the model number. To see how to remove your Rolex band and find the watch’s serial and model number visit our “How to Find the Serial Number and Model Number on a Rolex” video.
6. The details: everything about Rolex watches, whether they are new or used, is perfect (that’s just how Rolex does things). Make sure the lettering and the details are crisps on every aspect of the watch.
Paul is the company's Founder and CEO. He is responsible for all the day to day activities from purchasing, receiving, marketing and sales. Paul is a graduate of Boston College 1979 and resides in California with his family.
Copyright Bob's Watches. All rights reserved. Bob's Watches is not affiliated with Rolex S.A., Rolex USA, or any of its subsidiaries.
Bob's Watches is an independent watch dealer and is not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex S.A., Rolex USA, or any other brand listed on its website. Bob's Watches only sells pre-owned watches and provides its own warranties on the watches it sells. The brand names and associated model names for Rolex, OMEGA and other manufacturers are the trademarks of their respective owners.