Rolex Vintage 5517 1 Product Found
View our current collection of Rolex 5517 Vintage watches in stock ready for immediate delivery. All watches are guaranteed 100% authentic Rolex and come with a one year warranty.
Save Up To 50% on Certified Pre-Owned Rolex Watches
Cash wire prices shown.*
The Rolex 5517 Military issue wristwatch is a special edition watch produced in the 1970's. This vintage watch is an extremely valuable military issue Rolex Submariner (Milsub) with reference 5517, featuring the circle "T" emblem on the dial.
- Movement - Ref 5517 features the calibre 1520 nickel finished lever movement with 26 jewels.
- Case - The stainless steel tonneau-shaped Oyster case measures 40mm and offers water proof capabilities with a screw down crown and screw down case back. The case back is engraved with a broad arrow. The case also features fixed bar, or solid, lugs.
- Dial - The black matte dial is topped with applied luminous dot, baton, and dagger numerals, as well as luminous sword hands and a luminous sweep centre seconds hand. The case, dial and movement are signed.
- Bezel - Ref 5517 offers a black revolving bezel calibrated for 60 units.
- Special Dial Signature - One of the most distinctive feature of Ref 5517 is the circled "T" in a above the depth markings, denoting its military use. The "T" indicates the presence of tritium on the markers.
- Bracelet Options - Because the case bars are fixed, the only real bracelet option for ref 5517 is the NATO military strap.
- Rare Reference - Approximately about 1200 ref 5517s were produced. Unfortunately only several hundred remains in their original configuration, making them extremely rare and valuable.
- Rolex specifically created ref 5517 for the British Ministry of Defense (MOD) in the 1970s.